You are at: Planned Giving > Gift Options > How to Give > CRUT
You may be concerned about the high cost of capital gains tax upon the sale of your appreciated property.
Or perhaps you recently sold property and are looking for a way to save on taxes this year and plan for retirement. A charitable remainder unitrust might offer the solutions you need.
Charitable Remainder Unitrust
Stock or Cash
Benefits of a Charitable Remainder Unitrust Gift
- Income for life, lives, or term of years.
- Defer or sometimes avoid capital gains on the sale of your appreciated assets.
- Charitable income tax deduction for the remainder portion of your gift to Wake Forest.
- Future legacy gift to Wake Forest.
- You will receive gift credit for 100% of the amount with which you fund your Unitrust.
The minimum contribution level for Wake Forest to serve as Trustee of your Unitrust is $100,000.00.
Please visit Benefits Of Letting Us Know About Your Commitment and Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about including Wake Forest in your plans for the future or feel free to contact us.
Charitable Remainder Unitrust for Income
A charitable remainder unitrust pays you income that reflects trust investments. There is the potential that your income could increase over time with growth in the trust.
How to Select the Right Unitrust Payout for You
There are several unitrust payout options to meet your needs:
- The standard unitrust pays out a percentage of the trust assets each year
- Another payout option, used commonly for real estate, permits the trust to sell the property tax free and then begin paying you income after the property has been sold